1. It is 8 degrees outside. “nuff said.
2. No matter how long the sun is out, it isn’t enough to melt all the snow and ice on the ground. Ugh.
3. Spring break is just around the corner.
4. College sand volleyball seasons are starting up just as soon! Get your official Wilson H5001 Collegiate Sand Volleyballs here!
5. Positive visualization is proven to enhance mood and produce positive results. Daydreaming about volleyball on the beach totally counts!
6. ICYMI…The Groundhog said 6 more weeks of winter. I think Elsa may have bribed him…
7. Sand socks are in great supply, which will change about one week before the adult leagues start. It is never too early to order!
8. It is Qualifier season, which means 3-4 full days of being indoors, with little-to-no windows, surrounded by concrete gray colored walls, and hundreds of people all in the same area. Then you travel back only to go to school the next day. Bummer.
9. All the stores have their spring stuff out…there is hope that winter won’t last forever! Check out our newest Under Armour jacket, capri leggings, and sports bra in coordinating spring colors.
10. All the cutest bikinis are IN STOCK and ready to ship! Check out this one from Asics and this one from Mizuno.
12 Volleydays Song
Sung to the tune of “The 12 Days of Christmas”. Check out our music video too!
On the first volley-day, my true love gave to me
A Molten MS500 Volleyball Bee
On the second volley-day, my true love gave to me
Two pairs of Crew Socks (Asics ZK1105 Black)
On the third volley-day, my true love gave to me
Three Braided Headbands
On the fourth volley-day, my true love gave to me
Four Inflatable Beach Volleyballs
On the fifth volley-day, my true love gave to me
Five Volleyball Necklaces
On the sixth volley-day, my true love gave to me
6 Team Bags-for-packing (Asics ZR1125 Black)
On the seventh volley-day, my true love gave to me
7 Whistles-a-blowing (Fox 40 Classic – Color TBD)
On the eighth volley-day, my true love gave to me
8 Bag Tags-a-tagging
On the ninth volley-day, my true love gave to me
9 Volleyball Lanyards (I Love Volleyball Lanyards)
On the tenth volley-day, my true love gave to me
10 Dudes-a-dancing (Volleyball Dude)
On the eleventh volley-day, my true love gave to me
11 Hitters hitting (Volleyball Stick Girl – Hitter)
On the twelfth volley-day, my true love gave to me
12 Hand Sanitizers sanitizing (VB Hand Sanitizers)
Happy Volleydays to all, and to all, a good night!
It is hard to believe that 13 years ago today, our country experienced a tragedy beyond any measure. I will never forget that day, or where I was, or how I felt. To this day, thinking about it gives me goosebumps and makes me ache inside for all the lives lost and their friends and family members.
I was a scrawny high school freshman with a home volleyball match that day. I remember being in 4th hour English Literature class, glued to the television as my classmates and I watched the horrific events unfold as if we were watching an action movie. It was surreal. It was so sad. It was downright awful. I remember praying for it to be a dream or a nightmare – instead it was real. It was no surprise to anyone, when school was dismissed for the day and all after-school activities were canceled, including my precious volleyball match. I didn’t feel like playing anyway.
As the 13th Anniversary of September 11th is upon us, we will never forget, we can never forget. To all those who lost their lives that day and in the days, months, years afterward fighting for our country, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Never forgotten.
Thursdays are a popular day for volleyball matches during the school year. As you stand on the court before our country’s flag with the sounds of our National Anthem filling your ears, press your hand over your heart and think about those who lost their lives on 9/11…even if you are too young to have experienced that historically tragic day.
Remember their families and friends.
Remember our soldiers.
Remember our country united.
Dedicate tonight’s volleyball match to them. And vow to never, ever, ever forget.
Rockwood Thunder 16 Mizuno won the National title at GNVC in Minneapolis on July 3, 2014. Bottom Row: Eva Mich, Lauren Wacker, Katelyn Bright, Alayna Martin, Emma Kriete. Back row: Taryn Griffey, Mackenzie Steckler, Hayley McSparin, Meghan Donovan, Amanda Beaton. Coached by Gretchen Moser and Billy Rhodes.
A big congratulations to the Rockwood Thunder 16 Mizuno Girls’ Team who won a National Title at the Girls’ National Volleyball Championships in Minneapolis this July!! We are so proud to see our hometown, St. Louis, MO as well as the Gateway Region represented so well on the National Level as CHAMPS!! What an awesome way to end a fabulous season. Great job to all involved and good luck as you continue your volleyball careers.
Also, thank you to one of our followers for letting us know this awesome news so we are able to spread the word! Followers, if you have some great volleyball news that you would like us to share, let us know!!
Where the Game Begins…
Introducing our newest member of our Social Media Family here at All Volleyball…our very own…very stylist…very fresh…GOOGLE+ Woot woot!
We are so happy to have yet another way for you to connect with us! Follow us, like us, leave us a comment! Check us out on Google+ by clicking here.
All Volleyball is now on SnapChat! Check us out…just another way to follow Where the Game Begins.